Email Template About Updated COVID-19 Vaccines
To print this document, use your internet browser’s print settings to set page margins and remove the header and footer. For the best printing experience, use the Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge browser.
Subject: Update Your COVID-19 Vaccination Protection
Body: Dear [Insert name]:
[Insert organization name] is committed to the safety and health of [our staff/everyone in our community/everyone in the community we serve/etc.].
We want to inform you that updated COVID vaccines are here to help protect against Omicron.
- Vaccinated people 6 months and older should get an updated vaccine when eligible.
- Get your updated vaccine now if your last dose was before September 2022 (October 2022 for kids 6 months – 11 years).
- Otherwise, wait until 2 months after you complete your primary vaccination series to get your updated vaccine dose. Completing your primary vaccination series means you got your first 2 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, or Novavax vaccine, or your 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- If you recently had COVID, you should wait 3 months from when you got sick to get your updated vaccine.
- Children 6 months – 4 years who got all 3 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech primary vaccination series don’t need an updated vaccine at this time.
Where to find COVID-19 vaccines
You have 3 ways to find free vaccines near you:
- Go to vaccines.gov
- Text your ZIP code to 438829
- Call 1-800-232-0233
Remember to bring your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record card when you go for your updated vaccine.
For more information
Visit cdc.gov/coronavirus or talk to a health care provider.
[Insert signature block]