About the Campaign
The HHS COVID-19 public education campaign is a national initiative to increase public confidence in and uptake of COVID-19 vaccines while reinforcing basic prevention measures such as mask wearing and social distancing.
Strategy and Goals
This effort focuses on Americans who want to protect their health, but may have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines. We aim to:
- Explain how Americans can protect themselves from COVID-19.
- Strengthen public confidence in the vaccines so those who are hesitant will be more willing to consider vaccination
- Increase vaccine uptake by informing Americans about how and where to get vaccinated
COVID-19 Community Corps
The campaign is expanding its reach by engaging with a broad range of groups and individuals, including trusted community organizations, local leaders, and others sharing the goal of increasing vaccine confidence and uptake.
Public Education Activities
Our public education activities are organized around three themes:
- Slow the Spread: Basic prevention measures that should be taken while waiting for the vaccine
- Building Vaccine Confidence: Information and resources to build vaccine confidence, timed to support action when vaccines are available
- Preparing the Nation: Fact based, scientific information about vaccine development, safety, and effectiveness